Of course I couldn't share confidential materials provided to my board members, but I was happy to share a standard agenda. Bear in mind, this is a pretty good template for a Series A/B venture backed company. Probably overkill for a board with no outside members, and probably very light for a later stage company. I post it here for the benefit of other founders, and of course feedback is appreciated.
- Administration & Approvals
- Approve minutes from the last meeting, option grants, other approvals, housekeeping matters
- General CEO update kinda stuff, what's on your mind, what can your board help with
- Product & Metrics
- Overview/discussion of product, roadmap, metrics/KPIs
- Sales, Marketing & BD
- Partner/customer funnel and revenue analysis if applicable
- HR & Operations
- Discussion of org chart, open reqs, any requests of board members to help close a new hire
- Option pool balance, cash balance, cash flow/burn, financial plan, revenue/profit projections
- Legal Matters
- Any outstanding issues: patents, trademarks, housekeeping, etc
My board meetings are 90 minutes and about 10-12 slides max. You should try to get as much feedback, advice and insight out of your board as you give them in materials to review/ponder.